The hill station is called a picturesque hill area. India has the largest, long, beautiful and amazing range of hills. On one side there are hills of Vindhyachal, Satpura, and on the other side there are hills of Aravalli. From Kashmir to Kanyakumari, India has one magnificent mountain range, mountain ranges and beautiful and picturesque valleys. Come know interesting information about Lonavala Hill Station, one of the top hill stations in India.
Lonavala Hill Station :
- Lonavala hill station is located in Maharashtra, about 96 kilometers from Mumbai and about 5 kilometers from Khandala. It is only 2 hours drive from Pune. It is called the district of lakes. This is his favorite destination for the people of Mumbai and Poona.
- Lonavala Lake, Tigoti Lake, Monsoon Lake and Walvan Lake are prominent in this hill station area, which are very wonderful to see. Especially the Walvan Dam built on the Walvan Lake is a great picnic spot. If you are planning to go in a group then hire bus rental in jaipur.
- Lonavala is also called the gem of the Sahyadri ranges and the gateway to Mumbai-Pune.
- Bushi Dam located just 6 kms from Lonavala. It is a great spot for tourists.
- Don’t miss to visit Raywood Park, located just behind the main market of Lonavala, it is a beautiful organic park.
- Going to Lonavala, do not forget to see the forts here. Do visit Lohagarh, Vishpur, Tung Fort and Tikona Fort.
- Lohagarh is known as an unbeatable fort, while there are Buddhist caves and water reservoirs on the top of Tikona Fort. On the way from Lonavala to Pune, there are many caves made of stones related to Buddhism. Karle and Bhaj caves are prominent among them.
- Near Tikona Fort is the Pavana Lake, in which the reflection of Tikona Fort is very beautiful.
- Chikki’s here is quite famous. Chikkis are made by mixing peanuts, sesame, cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, etc. with jaggery or sugar. Facing hassles from travelling to jaipur then hire car rental in jaipur.
- There is a very beautiful hill stone here which is known as Duke’s Nose. It is also known as Hawthorn. Its summit can be easily climbed on foot from Khandala station. Close to this hill are Sausage Hill and INS Shivaji. There is a small forest on Sausage Hill. Various species of birds can be seen here.